Wednesday 30 August 2017

Reading Slumps

Hi all,
I haven't posted anything in such a long time and that's mostly due to one thing. I haven't been reading. I've been in such a slump for a really long time and I'm only just starting to get out of it. There's something about summer, even though my daily routine doesn't change all that much, I just don't find myself motivated to read during the summer months.
As a result, the head start I got on my Goodreads reading challenge in the first few months of the year, has been completely undone and I'm now pretty far behind. How far? I've read 46 of the 110 books I was aiming to read this year.
I still have hope that I'll be able to catch up. Coming into autumn and winter, I'm hoping my enthusiasm to read will increase. In the past week I've finished two books, so hopefully, this means that my slump is over.
I have a stack of library and review books which I need to get through, as well as hundreds of books which I own. My aim is to get at least 15 books read in September.
What I have been doing while not reading is writing. Over the summer I took part in two sessions of Camp NaNo finishing the first draft of 4 novels. I also finished the edits on Love Me Louder which is now available on Amazon. So, I wasn't doing nothing all summer I just wasn't reading. In other non-bookish pursuits, I've been learning to knit and planning the renovations on my room which I'll be starting soon.
So, here's hoping that my slump is over and I'll be ready to read a lot more and post more frequently again!


No comments:

Post a Comment