Monday 5 May 2014

Bout of Books | 10.0 | TBR, Goals and News

Hi guys,
Bout of Books 10.0 is just around the corner, but there's still time to sigh up if you head on over to Bout of Books. It starts May 12th, so be sure to get yourself signed up.
I have a little news before I hop into my TBR and goals for the read-a-thon. This time around, I'm going to be working as a Bout of Books Expert.
What does being an expert mean? Well, it's quite simple really. The hosts of Bout of Books have been doing such a fantastic job running this event, that it's become so popular that they need a little help. Hence, the experts.
My role as one of the experts will be to go around to blogs of participants, and make sure that everyone is encouraged. It'll mean interacting with other people taking part through their blogs, social media sites and so on. 
I'm excited to do this, because I love seeing people's progress during read-a-thons, and connecting with other readers/bloggers.

Ok. Now that we've got that part done. Let's move onto my TBR and Goals.

Goals

  1. Read 5 books
  2. Review all of the books I read
  3. Listen to an audio book
  4. Read a total of 1,200 pages
  5. Finish at least one ARC/Netgalley
TBR
  1. We Are Called to Rise by Laura McBride (Netgalley)
  2. Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons
  3. Return to Me by Justina Chen
  4. Fragile Line by Brooklyn Skye
  5. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler (Audio book)
I'm hugely excited to get started with Bout of Books 10.0, and I'm hoping to be able to reach all of my goals. Let me know what your goals are in comments, or leave a link to your own goal post/video if you like.
Be sure to subscribe to my site for daily updates on my progress, and of course all of the reviews.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck! This is my first time participating so I'm starting small at three books. I'm hoping to finish all of them.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I hope you enjoy the read-a-thon. I've done it a few times and absolutely love it.
      Hoping to get a lot of reading done.

      Delete
  2. This is my first time doing this read-a-thon also. I'm super excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so much fun. I hope you have a great time taking part.

      Delete
  3. It has been a while since I've done a read-a-thon, so I'm very excited to get started. Good luck with your goals! I haven't read any of those books, but I hope you enjoy them :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'll stick completely to this TBR any more, as I have a couple books I need to read for Uni.
      I'm still really excited though.
      I hope you have a great time doing the read-a-thon.

      Delete
  4. You've chosen some great books! I haven't read any but heard some good things :)
    My goal is to read 3 books. Unfortunately work is going to get in my way of reading any more.

    My goals post: http://wp.me/p42heP-8P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to get through a lot of books.
      Things most always get in the way. I have to balance this with my Uni work, but thankfully for Uni I have to read two books!

      Delete
  5. First time participating and I'm excited! I shouldve added the Simmons series to my list! I've been meaning to read it!

    http://valialind.blogspot.com/2014/05/bout-of-books-100-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always read it anyway. I've finished 2 books so far for the read-a-thon, and neither was on my TBR!

      Delete
  6. So many experts this time around!! I think we have all just participated way too much.. it's just so fun. Good luck!

    Angie
    My Bout of Books Goals and Challenges

    ReplyDelete