Monday 5 May 2014

Book Review: Resist (Breathe #2) by Sarah Crossan

13447149
The sequel—and conclusion—to Sarah Crossan's Breathe. Three teen outlaws must survive on their own in a world without air, exiled outside the glass dome that protects what's left of human civilization. Gripping action, provocative ideas, and shocking revelations in a dystopian novel that fans of Patrick Ness and Veronica Roth will devour.



Bea, Alina, and Quinn are on the run. They started a rebellion and were thrown out of the pod, the only place where there's enough oxygen to breathe. Bea has lost her family. Alina has lost her home. And Quinn has lost his privileged life. Can they survive in the perilous Outlands? Can they finish the revolution they began? Especially when a young operative from the pod's Special Forces is sent after them. Their only chance is to stand together, even when terrible circumstances force them apart. When the future of human society is in danger, these four teens must decide where their allegiances lie. Sarah Crossan has created a dangerous, and shattered society in this wrenching, thought-provoking, and unforgettable post-apocalyptic novel.


Pages: 368 | Format: Kindle | Rating: 7/10 | Goodreads | Amazon

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and yet for some reason it took me a really long time to start reading this one. It was just sitting on my Kindle for ages. I have no idea why.
I really enjoyed this book as well. I liked seeing the characters working to resist the pod leaders and fix the way things were done. It was interesting to have the book mostly take place outside the pod as well. 
For the most part I liked this book, and it had some really great moments. The only thing that has made me mark it down in my rating, is just that in some places the book felt a little flat.
I'm used to reading a lot of different dystopian novels, and I'd say that of all of them, this one probably had the most down moments, and in places I started glossing over sections and had to go back and force myself to read them.
This only actually happened in a few places, but enough for me to mark it down a little.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this series. The first book is better than the second, but they're both still really good and worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment