Sunday 16 August 2015

Book Review | The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

17290266
For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray’s goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now... not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn’t even know what they are?


Charlie Parker, on the other hand, is painfully aware of his heart’s desire. A gentle boy with a troubled past, Charlie has loved Wren since the day he first saw her. But a girl like Wren would never fall for a guy like Charlie—at least not the sort of guy Charlie believes himself to be.

And yet certain things are written in the stars. And in the summer after high school, Wren and Charlie’s souls will collide. But souls are complicated, as are the bodies that house them...

Sexy, romantic, and oh-so-true to life, this is an unforgettable look at first love from one of young adult fiction’s greatest writers. 

Pages: 316 | Format: Paperback

Review
I'll admit. I'm behind on my book reviews, and though this review is going up today, it was quite a few weeks ago that I finished this book. Normally, that wouldn't be an issue, because I can pretty much remember the book and my thoughts on it.
This one, not so much, which perhaps is more telling about my thoughts on the book, than an actual review would be.
I'll admit, I remembered the title of this book, and that when I'd first heard about it, I immediately wanted to read it. Unfortunately, that was all I remembered. I had to read the description to jog my memory of what this book was actually about.
Once I remembered, I knew that this was a book that sits firmly in the, it was ok, realm for me. There were some good moments, and the characters were mostly fine. There was just nothing to grab me hugely, which is probably why I had a hard time remembering this book.
It's not something I'd pick up again, but I would say that if you like young adult contemporary, and you want something quick and light to read, then this is probably a good choice. It was fun, and like I said, had some good moments. It just, personally, didn't blow me away.

Rating
6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment