Wednesday 22 October 2014

Book Review | The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott

6589111
Everyone knows the unwritten rule: You don’t like your best friend’s boyfriend.


Sarah has had a crush on Ryan for years. He’s easy to talk to, supersmart, and totally gets her. Lately it even seems like he’s paying extra attention to her. Everything would be perfect except for two things: Ryan is Brianna’s boyfriend, and Brianna is Sarah’s best friend.

Sarah forces herself to avoid Ryan and tries to convince herself not to like him. She feels so guilty for wanting him, and the last thing she wants is to hurt her best friend. But when she’s thrown together with Ryan one night, something happens. It’s wonderful... and awful.

Sarah is torn apart by guilt, but what she feels is nothing short of addiction, and she can’t stop herself from wanting more...

Pages: 210 | Format: Kindle | Goodreads | Amazon


Review
This wasn't my first Elizabeth Scott book, I've read quite a few others, and loved each and every one of them, so I was more than a little excited going into this one.
I don't know if those expectations ended up building the book up a little too high, but the book didn't meet my hopes for it.
This wasn't my favorite Elizabeth Scott book, in fact, it's my least favorite.
One of the biggest issues I had with this book, is simply that I didn't find myself getting attached to any of the characters at all. I didn't really feel invested in the story, and that kind of let it down for me.
I just didn't feel as though there was really enough going on to keep me interested.
There were some really great moments, sweet moments that gave me hope for the book getting better, but then I ended up getting a little bored again.
This was by no means an awful book, I did enjoy a lot of it, but it's not one of the best I've read recently, and it's probably not a book that I'd recommend to my friends, or one which I'd read again.
Having said that, I can see how this book would appeal to people. It had some nice moments, it just wasn't for me.

Rating | 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment