Thursday 23 October 2014

Book Review | The One by Kiera Cass

The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of IllĂ©a, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen—and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.

Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!




Review
I loved The Selection. It took me into a new world, made me love the characters, made me want to keep turning the pages, and had me rooting for a particular outcome. Then came The Elite, and I had to admit that I struggled with the second book in the series, a lot. I didn't like America, and that made it a tough read.
Going into the third and final part of this series, I was hesitant. I was worried that I still wouldn't like America, and as a result, I wouldn't like the ending of this series.
I had no reason to worry. All of the issues I had with the second book, were gone in The One. I was right back to loving the characters, I was right back to being transported into a different world. One that was richly detailed, and one that I felt invested in. 
I loved this third book. It had me turning the pages, and I didn't want to stop. There was so much to love about this final installment. 
What I loved a lot, was that it was all focussed on the process of The Selection, there was other stuff going on as well.
The emotions in this book were written so well, and everything felt real and believable. 
A series that had such a promising beginning, ended up having a fantastic final part as well. I would highly recommend this series, with the small warning that the second book is by far the weakest, but the series as a whole is exciting, interesting and I loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment