Friday 31 October 2014

Book Review | The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.

Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.
 


Review
It's more than safe to say that this book was my most anticipated book of 2014. When I finished reading The 5th Wave, I remember being desperate to read the second part. I'd loved the first one so much, and so when this one came out I was excited.
I'm happy to report that this book does not let down. The story continues where the last one left off, more or less, and the choice of characters to have perspectives was brilliant. I've read some places that people weren't fond of the jumping between perspectives, and that it got a little confusing in places, but for me that wasn't the case. I felt like each perspective was different enough for it to be easy to tell whose story we were following, and to add to that, there wasn't a weak link.
Not once did I reach a chapter and think to myself, I'd rather be reading someone else. It's true that I did have my favorites in the book, but even still, each character was well developed, their stories interesting and I loved it!
When I sat down to think about the negatives in this book, I couldn't think of anything. The characters, pacing, story development, page turning power, everything was spot on for me. This is a book that I didn't want to put down, I would definitely recommend, and one which I cannot wait to read the third book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment