Saturday 10 May 2014

Book Review | When I'm With You (Jane Austen Academy #3) by Cecilia Gray


18719568Kat is destined to be a star and her big break has arrived at last! As the assistant to a celebrity classmate on the set of a feature film, she's going to show everyone she has what it takes. That is, until she discovers pursuing her dreams may mean forfeiting her heart. Unless she can find a way to have both...


Pages: 216 | Format: ebook (From Netgalley) | Rating: 9/10 | Goodreads | Amazon

Review
This is absolutely my favorite of the series so far. I adored Kat's character, and even more than that I adored Henry's character.
I thought that how Izzy was portrayed was perfect, and all of the characters worked well together. 
Kat had some great growth through this novel, and also seeing her relationship develop with Henry was brilliant.

It isn't simply the wonderfully written characters which made this so great though, it was also the way that Northanger Abbey was intepreted in this novel.
I really liked how the more gothic elements of Northanger Abbey, were brought into it by having them make a horror movie. That was a fantastic touch, and a great way to make this storyline work in a modern setting.
It was also really interesting to have a story set away from the academy, and have the introduction of characters who weren't students there.
There were so many cute moments in this story, that I practically had a grin on my face the entire time. Most of these moments were between Kat and Henry, because they were such a great pairing.
One of the things I liked the most about this, is that while I was reading, I could easily recognise parts of Northanger Abbey which had been taken and reinvented for a modern YA setting. 
On the whole, this is definitely my favourite of the series so far, which makes me even more excited to read the rest, because I haven't even got to my favourite Austen novel yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment