Saturday 10 May 2014

Book Review | So Into You (Jane Austen Academy #2) by Cecilia Gray

18719566

Sweet and sensible Ellie hasn't met a problem her mom's yoga mantras can't fix. But when Ellie's parents threaten to pull her from the Academy just as her flirtation with the cutest boy in school heats up, will Ellie be able to keep her cool?

The last thing that the girls at the elite Jane Austen Academy need is guys. But over the summer the school has been sold, and like it or not, the guys are coming. And they're about to turn the Academy—and the lives of its students—totally upside down... 

Dive into the fabulous, fun lives of six Academy girls as their friendships are tested, torn and ultimately triumph.


Pages: 216 | Format: ebook (from Netgalley) | Rating: 7/10 | Goodreads | Amazon


Review
Just like the first book in this series, this makes for a great contemporary YA. I really loved Ellie as a character. She was sweet, and nice, but what I liked most about her, is that she had some really great character growth through this novel.
I liked the take on the relationship with Edward, I thought it was updated to work well within a modern setting, and so I really enjoyed that aspect of it.
I would say that I would have liked to of seen more of their relationship develop. There weren't really a tonne of scenes with the two of them in together, or really, even with her talking about him. Having said that, the moments that they were together in this novel, were really sweet and had me smiling endlessly.
This book, just like the first is cute and fun. It's well written and has some really great characters, and once again this is a book which I could easily read over and over again.

What I really loved about this book, is that it didn't drop in quality from the first one. It was still really enjoyable, and that was fantastic. It's also made me eager to finish the rest of the series, because these books are so light hearted and fun.
I'm really enjoying seeing all of the modern twists on these classic Austen novels.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this book, and the series so far is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment