Sunday 30 March 2014

Book Title | Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott


6413444Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared. 

Once upon a time, my name was not Alice.

Once upon a time, I didn't know how lucky I was.
 

When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends -- her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over. 

Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her. 

This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.

























Title: Living Dead Girl
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Pages: 170
Format: Paperback
Goodreads Rating: 3.85/5
My Rating: 9/10

Review
This book was totally different from anything I've ever read before. It was gripping and disturbing, and kept me turning the pages. I had chills when I was reading this book.
I thought that it was written in a really amazing style. The short chapters worked perfectly for this story, and in parts this book had me close to tears with its emotional storyline.
This book is dark, and gripping, terryfying and totally gripping. Your heart just breaks for the main character. It's a truly great book.
Right from the very first chapters you know how tough the subject of this book is going to be, but I felt like it was handled in a really great way. It made the book into something unforgettable, heartbreaking, and a book that firmly secures Elizabeth Scott a position in my favourite authors.
Amazing story, amazing emotions, amazing writing style. I loved this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment