Sunday 30 March 2014

Book Review | Kaleidoscope Me by Hillary K. Grigonis

20872493Jadyn’s world twirls out of control after her mother dies in a car accident and her forgetful Great-Aunt Nadine moves in. Her dad is never home and her best friend doesn't even know half of it. Jadyn is trying to keep it all together for her little brother, Trenton. But when Aunt Nadine disappears with Trenton in the middle of a snowstorm, Jadyn may be the only one who can find them.

Title: Kaleidoscope Me
Author: Hillary K. Grigonis
Pages: 162
Format: Kindle
Goodreads Rating: 3.0/5
My Rating: 4/10









Review
For me this book was a little bit confused in its layout. The skipping between times got a bit confusing, and I felt like because there were three different timelines playing out, none of them got fully realised. I feel like if it had just been two different timelines, then it would have worked, but having more than that made it a little confused and hard to follow.
I wanted to be able to get attached to the characters, but because the timeline kept jumping about, I couldn't really. I think I would have liked it better if we'd had just the present day chapters, and perhaps the time directly after losing her mum.
All in all this was an ok book for me, I liked parts of it, like the ending I found really good. However it's not a book I would read again.

No comments:

Post a Comment