Thursday 13 March 2014

Book Review | Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier

17899948

Title: Rebecca
Author: Daphne Du Maurier
Pages: 444
Format: Kindle ebook
Goodreads Rating: 4.17
My Rating: 9.5/10

Synopsis

The novel begins in Monte Carlo, where our heroine is swept off her feet by the dashing widower Maxim de Winter and his sudden proposal of marriage. Orphaned and working as a lady's maid, she can barely believe her luck. It is only when they arrive at his massive country estate that she realizes how large a shadow his late wife will cast over their lives--presenting her with a lingering evil that threatens to destroy their marriage from beyond the grave.

Review

I had to read this book for my university course, and I think that's the main reason I had such a huge problem starting it. I've wanted to read this book for a while, and my older sister highly recommended it, and yet I couldn't make myself read more than a couple pages at a time.
Eventually though, I started reading it properly and I fell in love with it. The narrator in this novel is flawless, and really pulls you into the story, even though you never learn her first name, she's the kind of character who you can instantly connect with.
One of the things I loved the most about this book, was the way it ended. I didn't see it coming and that was really great. I love books that shock me, and this one did.
Once I properly got into this book I couldn't put it down, it was fantastic.
I would highly recommend this book, it was truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment