Friday 6 December 2013

Book Review | Just One Year by Gayle Forman

Hi guys,
Before I hop into the review I just wanted to let you all know that the format won't be the same as usual for a while, I'll be writing up my reviews on my phone because my laptop broke and I have to wait to get a new one.

Ok on to the review.

...

Title: Just One Year (Just One Day #2)
Author: Gayle Forman
Pages: 336
Format: Kobo ebook
Goodreads rating: 3.91/5
My rating: 8/10

Review
...
Once again I find that for me Gayle Forman is a hit and miss author. With her If I Stay series I didn't like the first and loved the second. With this series I found the first one just ok and this one I loved.
This has led me to the conclusion that I prefer Gayle Formans writing when she's writing a male narrator.

What I loved about this book is that I found Willems character to be really likable, and his reactions to things felt honest and believable.
I enjoyed seeing things from his perspective and especially loved all of the travel aspects.
I thought there were some really good lines along the way, and I loved that we learnt more about Willem and his background and family.

The only thing that let this book down for me was the ending.  It was cute and I sort of liked it, however I would have liked to of seen more. Perhaps a third book or even a novella.

Overall it's for me at least a much stronger book than the first and I highly recommended it.

No comments:

Post a Comment