Monday 2 December 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013: I Won!!


Hi guys,

I think the last time I updated you all on my NaNo progress, it wasn't going well. I was behind with the plan to catch up that day or the day after. I didn't. I fell further behind but then in the final week of the month I had a few good days, and managed to complete the 50k on time.
My end total is 52,628, so I didn't get a huge amount over the 50k and I'm nowhere close to actually having a finished first draft, but I'm just so happy that I actually managed to get it done.

I'll admit, for some reason and I still don't quite know what it is, I found this past month really hard. In the past I've been able to complete the 50k really quickly, and I usually end up finishing the novel as well. I think the best I've ever done is getting to around 80k in the month, so I'll admit I was disappointed that I kept falling behind.

The only excuse I have is that I've had a pretty bad month with my health, and so I spent a lot of time feeling like I didn't have the energy to sit down and write.

My plans going forward are to finish the still to be titled NaNo 2013 project, and also get back to editing what will be my next released book, which I hope to have out by spring time next year.

How did NaNo go for you? Did you manage to get your word count on time? Did you finish your novel? And what do you plan to do now that you have your first draft?

No comments:

Post a Comment