Wednesday 25 September 2013

Book Review: Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: Precious Little Life Vol 1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Fall into Reading Read-a-Thon
Review #3


Title: Scott Pilgrim vs The World: Precious Little Life Vol 1
Author: Bryan Lee O'Malley
Pages: 168
Published: 2004
Format: Paperback
Goodreads Rating: 4.17/5
My Rating: 8/10

Synopsis from Goodreads

He′s 23 years old, he′s in a rock band, he′s "between jobs," and he′s dating a cute high school girl. Nothing could possibly go wrong, unless a seriously mind-blowing, dangerously fashionable, rollerblading delivery girl named Ramona Flowers starts cruising through his dreams and sailing by him at parties. Will Scott′s awesome life get turned upside-down? Will he have to face Ramona′s seven evil ex-boyfriends in battle? The short answer is yes. The long answer is Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1: Scott Pilgrim′s Precious Little Life.

Review

I'd seen the movie before I read this, and I thought the movie was really weird but I liked it. The book was just as weird and quirky. In fact I was shocked how similar the two were.
I'm used to seeing movie adaptions which change a lot about the book, but this was practically identical.

Back to the book. I enjoyed the fast pace, the illustrations were ok. I liked the quirkiness and randomness of the story, and the characters were good.

I'll definitely continue the series. I enjoyed it a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment