Monday 23 September 2013

Book Review: Click to Subscribe by L.M Augustine

Fall into Reading Read-a-Thon
Book Review #2


Title: Click to Subscribe
Author: L.M Augustine
Pages: 303
Format: Kindle ebook
Published: 2013
Goodreads Rating: 3.38/5
My Rating: 6/10

Synopsis from Goodreads

1,135,789. That’s how many subscribers sixteen-year-old West Ryder has on his web vlog series. But he only has eyes for one of them. 


As one of the internet’s most prestigious video bloggers, West talks about high school relationships under the name “Sam Green.” As far as he knows, no one from school, not even his best friend, Cat, has seen his videos. But the highlight of the whole thing is Harper Knight, who comments every day at exactly 2:02 in the afternoon. He doesn’t know anything about her aside from the occasional deep philosophical messaging on why pizza tastes so delicious, but as stupid as it sounds, he might be falling for her. So when they finally agree to meet in real life, West’s hope for romance seems more and more in reach. But that all changes as soon as he arrives at their meeting spot and sees Cat walking toward him, wearing the same “I <3 Sam Green” T-shirt Harper promised she'd have on.


To his alarm, West realizes he is falling in love with the best friend who has always been a sister to him.

Review

Cute and cheesy. Those are basically the only two words I need to describe this book. Now I'll proceed to use a lot of other words to write this review.

I wasn't sure if I'd like this book, when I bought it I thought it would go one of two ways. Either it would be really cheesy and bad, or it would be really good.
It ended up being both. It wasn't bad but it was definitely cheesy, but the thing is that kind of worked. It was a really cute light read. I got through it quickly, because it was so easy to read.

The characters were mostly cute and quirky, occasionally a little annoying. 

One thing I did feel though is that he found out Harper's true identity a bit too quickly for my liking. I would have liked to of seen more of their relationship before it shifted to him knowing her true identity.

Another point I found is that I would have liked his issues with his dad to of been explored a little more. I feel like it was just barely touched on, and there was some really good material for some great emotion there. I felt it could have been developed more, and I was disappointed that it wasn't. I also felt that towards the end things with his dad got a little rushed. 
It felt a little like the love story was coming to a good and natural ending, so the story with his dad had to be finished as an afterthought. That's just my thoughts on it though.

Overall this book wasn't earth shattering, but it was good and I did enjoy it. Like I said it was cute, which can be good sometimes, and I just so happened to be in the mood for something cute, so it worked well for me at the moment. 
I'd recommend this book to anyone who wants a quick, cute romance to read.



No comments:

Post a Comment