Thursday 12 September 2013

Book Review: Merch Girl by Rebecca Lewis


*Please note this book was given to me by the author for an honest review*
Merch Girl by Rebecca Lewis
Pages | 136
Published | 2013
Format | Kindle ebook
Rating | 3/10

Synopsis

When Lacey and her best friend Trina sneak into a Boston nightclub to see their favorite band, they not only get to watch their rock gods perform for the first time, but score a chance to meet the band too. Lacey’s heart races as she comes face-to-face with her idol, nineteen-year-old lead singer, Logan Shire.


The girls charm their way into being hired to sell merchandise on Lansdowne’s first summer tour. As “merch girls” Lacey and Trina quickly find themselves transported from their ordinary, suburban life to an exhilarating few months on the road. But they soon realize that life on the road isn’t always a smooth ride

Review

I had really high hopes for this book, it had a lot of elements that I love in YA fiction. Travel, music, romance. I thought I would absolutely love it. Unfortunately this wasn't the case.

The story line wasn't bad. I think the general idea of the book is really good. I just personally had an issue with the pacing.
I felt like the book was really rushed, a lot of the scenes seemed to be over before they fully formed. There wasn't a lot of development of the story/relationships/characters, so I never fully got pulled into the book.

I felt like there wasn't much happening in the book, and it would have been great to of seen the relationship develop more between Logan and Lacey, but instead it just felt really rushed.
I kept hoping that the pace would slow down a little, but it didn't and right to the end everything felt a bit too hurried.

Overall thoughts for this book are that it was a good story line, with the potential to be really good. However for me, and this is just personal opinion, I found the characters under developed and unlikable and the pacing too fast and un- engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment