Tuesday 23 January 2018

Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson | Review

36600280

Title: Piecing Me Together

Author: Renee Watson
Format: Digital (provided by NetGalley for an honest review)
Pages: 272

Review

When I saw this book, I have to admit that the cover and title alone didn't immediately grab me and honestly, I probably would have skimmed past it if I hadn't noticed the words John Green wrote about it on the front. I've long been a fan of his work, so I figured if he was recommending it, then it was worth a deeper look.
I'm so glad that it caught my eye because as soon as I read the synopsis that I was clicking on the request button.
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. Whilst I did have a few issues with the characters and wanting a little more depth and development to them. On the whole, it was a great book.
It deals with a lot of really important issues in a sensitive and very real way. Delving into the emotions of situations and how different people see things in different ways.
While, as I mentioned, I did want a little more character development. Jade was a realistic, likable main character who kept me interested in the book.
I'm so glad I requested this one that almost got away.

Rating

🕮🕮🕮🕮

No comments:

Post a Comment