Saturday 19 March 2016

Book Review | You Have Seven Messages by Stewart Lewis

9705058
It's been a year since Luna's mother, the fashion-model wife of a successful film director, was hit and killed by a taxi in New York's East Village. Luna, her father, and her little brother, Tile, are still struggling with grief.

   When Luna goes to clean out her mother's old studio, she's stunned to find her mom's cell phone there—charged and holding seven unheard messages. As Luna begins to listen to them, she learns more about her mother's life than she ever wanted to know . . . and she comes to realize that the tidy tale she's been told about her mother's death may not be the whole truth. 

Review
Every once in a while, you come across a book that, after reading the back, you think you're going to love. For me, this book was one of those. The storyline hooked me.
Unfortunately, the actual book didn't live up to my expectations. 
I was listening to this on audible, and I found it a little hard to get through. Partly, I think, it's because the narrator was younger, and because of that some of the things she was doing, didn't seem to fit. That, above all else, bugged me.
There were some moments that I liked, however, so it wasn't all negative for me.
Overall, though,  this book just fell a little flat for me, which was a shame because I was really looking forward to it.

Rating
5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment