Sunday 21 February 2016

Book Review | Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten

25943482
June barely has time to mourn the death of her best friend Delia, before Delia's ex-boyfriend convinces her Delia was murdered, and June is swept into a tangle of lies, deceit, and conspiracy.

Review
From the description of the book, I thought that this would be something I loved. It had me excited to pick it up, and I thought I'd fly through it.
As you might be able to tell, from the way I started this review, this wasn't the case. I didn't love this book. I didn't fly through it. I was actually disappointed.
The book took a different turn to what I was expecting, and that's not a huge issue, because I like when books I read, or shows I watch, surprise me. Only, as I kept going through this book, I wasn't interested in what was happening. In the people, the story. Any of it.
At times, there were moments that were good, and I thought it would maybe pick up, but then I'd find myself losing interest again.
This book, simply put, just wasn't for me. I honestly think I would have liked it, had it gone in the direction I thought it would, rather than the way it did. 
Overall, just not a book that had me excited. 

Rating
3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment