Friday 13 February 2015

Book Review | The Truth About Faking by Leigh Talbert Moore

15990074Jason just wants a date with Harley. 
Harley just wants a date with Trent. 
Trent's still getting over Stephanie.

When Harley and Jason decide to fake date, they uncover a school of deceptions. Trent's got a secret, but so does Jason. And the more time Harley spends secretly kissing her fake boyfriend, the further she gets from her dreams with Trent. 

Worst of all, Harley's mom is getting cozy with her hot massage therapy student, and even Harley's Reverend Dad can't fake not being bothered by it. But when the masks finally come off, can everyone handle the real truth?

Paperback | 328 Pages

Review
I think the most accurate word I could use to describe this book is cute. It's a cute story, with some cute characters, and some cute moments. There are some deeper things going on outside of the love interest plot, but for me it just wasn't gripping enough to keep me interested in that part of the story.
While I have to say that this book is pretty predictable. I wasn't really going into it thinking it would surprise me, and that's ok. I went into this book, expecting it to be a quick, light, cute and enjoyable read, and that's exactly what I got. 
I wouldn't really read it again, but as far as recommending it goes, I'd say that if you're in the mood for the book equivalent of a rom com, then this is the book for you.

Rating
6//10

No comments:

Post a Comment