Monday 15 September 2014

Book Review | Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins


9627755Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last? 

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart. 

Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series.

Pages: 339 | Format: Paperback | Goodreads | Amazon



Review
The last book in the Anna and the French Kiss series has been eagerly anticipated by me. I loved the first book, loved the second (though maybe not quite as much), so I was hoping like crazy that this series wouldn't fall at the last hurdle, like a few I've read recently have. It didn't.
Isla is officially my favourite of the series. I loved the two main characters so much. Both of them were so interestingly written, and I loved the way their relationship unravelled.
One of the things I loved so much about this book, was that it wasn't all cute romance all the time, there was some conflict in there too. I loved the family drama, the inclusion of some new characters who were interesting and well written. 
The flow of this story worked really well, there wasn't one moment when I was bored, and in fact I ended up reading the bulk of the book in one afternoon. It's the kind of book that you don't want to put down.
Very few books have the ability to make me want to read them again right away, but with this one, just like I did with Anna, I wanted to start reading it again as soon as I finished.
This is definitely a series I will be reading again, and it's definitely one that I'd recommend.

Rating | 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment