Friday 16 May 2014

Book Review | Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

1754206

Kate Brown's life has gone downhill fast.

Her father has quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend has become popular, and now she acts like Kate's invisible.

And then there's Will. Gorgeous, unattainable Will, whom Kate acts like she can't stand even though she can't stop thinking about him. When Will starts acting interested, Kate hates herself for wanting him when she's sure she's just his latest conquest.

Kate figures that the only way things will ever stop hurting so much is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn't realize is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen -- but only if she lets them.

Pages: 282 | Format: Paperback | Rating: 8/10 | Goodreads | Amazon 

Review
I definitely had high hopes going into this one. I've read three other Elizabeth Scott books, and loved them all, and this one was also brilliant.
There really was only one thing I wasn't in love with, and that was the fact that Kate was on occasion a little bit annoying. I found that her constant 'my life is the worst life ever' thing got on my nerves, just a little. I did get where she was coming from. She was having a rough time, and she didn't have great self-esteem, which made her automatically be more pessimistic, and see the bad in people more than the good. I got it. I just wound up getting a bit annoyed with it in parts.
Having said that, Kate's occasional annoying traits, were the only thing I didn't like about the book.
I thought the family drama was spot on, and it was written in a really good way. Each of her family members was well fleshed out, and I liked the dynamics between them all.
As far as the romance goes. Will was a fantastic character, and theire story was adorable in parts but also worked well in relation to how Kate was having this kind of push and pull, not knowing or accepting what she really wanted.
The pacing was spot on as well. I never got bored, in fact, I read the book in one day, practically in one sitting.
The ending was one of my favorite parts, I liked that it ended with a beginning. That was really clever and worked perfectly for this story.
Overall, this was a great book, and I would definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment