Monday 12 May 2014

Book Review | Only With You (Jane Austen Academy #5) by Cecilia Gray

16039713
Emma has it all - looks, money, and luck. It's not like she keeps it all to herself - she's totally committed to helping those less fortunate. AKA, everyone. She invites her heartbroken friend to help with a weekend charity event with an eye to matchmake, but when that friend turns her eye toward the guy Emma wants for herself, how will she choose between friendship and her own feelings?

Pages: 130 (aprox) | Format: ebook (From Netgalley) | Rating: 10/10 | Goodreads | Amazon

Review
I was really looking forward to reading this one in the series, because Emma is my favorite Austen story. This is in large part to the existence of Mr Knightley, so I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like the portrayal of him in this modern retelling.
I shouldn't have worried, because Knight was written so perfectly. There was the perfect balance of his sweet, caring side, how he's always there for Emma, supporting her, and the gentle disapproval that is just so perfectly Mr Knightley's character.
I also loved that Emma's growth was done in a really believable way. Her character was perfect for Emma Woodhouses' character in Emma. Bubbly, kind hearted, generous and just a little misguided sometimes. I thought she was written perfectly.
The story that this followed as well was great. I liked the use of characters in this one, just as much as I liked the use of them in the last book.
I thought that there was a perfect balance of moments with Emma's scheming, and also with her and Knight. I also felt that it was great having these small mentions of her feelings for Knight, as she continually ignored what they really meant. I thought things were paced out really nicely.
Overall, this is definitely my favorite of the series so far. It was cute, fun, and utterly absorbing. I loved it and would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment