Friday 14 March 2014

Book Review | Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

3874811

Title: Something, Maybe
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Pages: 217
Format: Audible Audio Book
Goodreads Rating: 3.72
My Rating: 8/10

Synopsis

Everyone thinks their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows she's got them all beat. Her dad made a fortune showcasing photos of pretty girls and his party lifestyle all over the Internet, and her mom was once one of her dad's girlfriends and is now the star of her own website. After getting the wrong kind of attention for way too long, Hannah has mastered the art of staying under the radar...and that's just how she likes it.

Of course, that doesn't help her get noticed by her crush. Hannah's sure that gorgeous, sensitive Josh is her soul mate. But trying to get him to notice her; wondering why she suddenly can't stop thinking about another guy, Finn; and dealing with her parents make Hannah feel like she's going crazy. Yet she's determined to make things work out the way she wants—only what she wants may not be what she needs...

Once again, Elizabeth Scott has created a world so painfully funny and a cast of characters so heartbreakingly real that you'll love being a part of it from unexpected start to triumphant finish.

Review
Family drama? In bucket loads. Incredibly cute romance? Oh yes. Interesting characters? Absolutely. Good narrator? Yup. Honestly this book checked so many boxes for me that I could easily go on and on and on about it. There's so much to love here.
The main character of Hannah was fantastic and really relatable (and that's not just because my name is Hannah as well). I thought the way she was written made her a really great character, and one that you can easily grow to like. 
Finn was for me a close to flawless character. I loved him in this book and the only negative I can find, is that I would have liked to of seen more of Finn, and specifically his interactions with Hannah.
I felt that the family drama side of this was handled really well. It was interesting, and different from anything I'd ever read before. It was the kind of storyline that pulls you in and has you really sympathising for the characters. I loved it.
All in all this is a pretty fantastic book, so why did I only rate it an 8 and not a 10. The answer is simple and this is the reason I tend to rate a lot of fantastic books lower than a 10. The ending. I felt like the ending was just a little bit too hurried for my liking. I would have liked to of seen things played out a little bit more, rather than having everything tied off pretty quickly.
That is however the only negative I could find in this book, and even with that one negative I highly recommend that you read this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment