Tuesday 18 February 2014

Book Review | Louisiana Through my Lens by Chad Guidry

18051410

Title: Louisiana Through my Lens
Author/Photographer: Chad Guidry
Pages: 46
Format: Digital
Goodreads Rating: 4.57/5
My Rating: 8/10

Synopsis

Louisiana Through My Lens is a hard-bound, full-color coffee-table book, featuring a photographic journey through the swamps, bayous, and lakes of southern Louisiana, better known as Cajun Country.

Review
*Note: This book was given to me through NetGalley for an honest review*

I've never read or viewed a coffee-table book before, but when I got an invitation from NetGalley to review this one, I was very interested. This is partly because it was something new to explore, and partly because I love looking at beautiful nature pictures.
The pictures in this book are without a doubt stunning. I'm not an expert on photography, but I know that as a reader of this book, I was amazed at the beautiful shots. I had a digital copy and I can just imagine that this would be even more beautiful in hardback. 
One thing I would note is that the layout and formatting did seem a little bit basic. I'm not one hundred percent sure of how these kinds of books are usually laid out, but to me this one just seemed a little simple.
Still, it's the photographs which are the main even here, and they were beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment