Thursday 20 February 2014

Book Review | Flame by Amy Kathleen Ryan

20569357

Title: Flame (Sky Chasers #3)
Author: Amy Kathleen Ryan
Pages: 336
Format: Paperback
Goodreads Rating: 4.15/5
My Rating: 9/10

Synopsis

Waverly and the other members of the Empyrean have been scattered, and their home ship destroyed. The mission to rescue their parents didn't go quite as planned, and now they're at an even greater disadvantage: trapped with their enemies on the New Horizon, trying to find a way to survive. Will Seth's health hold out long enough to help Waverly topple their enemy? And will Waverly find a way to unite her friends before the final battle? Nothing is certain and every second is a risk in this explosive finale.

Review

In my honest opinion, this was a fantastic ending to a brilliant series. I'm so pleased that I picked up this series to read, because even though it was different from my normal kind of book, I absolutely loved it. There was just so much going on, and this last book was no exception. It kept me on the edge of my seat.
I really enjoyed having the different perspectives, and I definitely think that in this book it was the most effective writing style.
I liked the introduction of new characters, who brought with them a lot of new drama's, which is always interesting.
The pacing of this book was so spot on, there was never a dull moment because something was always happening to one of the main characters.
I enjoyed this book so much, and the only reason it dropped a star for me in the ratings, is because I would have liked to of seen a little bit more interaction between Seth and Waverly. That's purely from my personal standpoint of loving their dynamic though.
Other than that this book was pretty much spot on for me. It was the perfect ending to what is now one of my favorite book series'.

No comments:

Post a Comment