Friday 24 January 2014

Winter Wishes Read-a-Thon | Goals and Updates

Hi guys,

The Winter Wishes read-a-thon starts today, so I wanted to write a quick goals post. This will also be my updates post as well.
Now since this is a fairly short read-a-thon, and I have some other stuff going on this weekend as well, I'm not going to set high goals. I'm going to keep it simple.


  • Finish at least one book
  • Update at the end of each day
That's it, short and simple and hopefully achievable.

Updates

Day One (Friday 24th)

Pages Read: 79
Books Completed: 0

What I Read

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares | Pages: 65
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins | Pages: 14

Total Pages: 79
Total Books: 0

Thoughts:
I didn't get as much done as I hoped I would, because I ended up feeling really unwell and went to bed super early. Hoping to get a bit more done on day two.

Day Two (Saturday 25th)


Pages Read: 4 (yeah I know, terrible)
Books Completed: 0

What I Read

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares | Pages: 4

Total Pages: 83
Total Books: 0

Thoughts:

Health still really bad, and normally I'd curl up and read when I'm having a bad flare up of my illness, unfortunately this time I've been getting really bad migraines. So instead I curled up on the sofa and watched four movies. Hoping the last day will go better and I'll finish a book.

Day Three (Sunday 26th)

Pages Read: 29
Books Completed: 0

What I Read

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares | Pages: 29

Total Pages: 112
Total Books: 0

Final thoughts:

I'd just like to say a huge thank you to the hosts of this read-a-thon. I'm disappointed that I didn't manage to finish a book, but I had a lot of fun, and probably read more than I would have if there wasn't a read-a-thon.
I'm hoping to finish The Sisterhood in the next day or two, so the review will be up soon.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating! You're goals are great. Even with a slow start on Friday, I know you'll do well. I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. Unfortunately I was even more unwell yesterday, so I got even less reading done. Hoping to read a bit more today though. I just have to finish one book.

      Delete
  2. Love it! Achievable is the name of the game with a short read-a-thon! It is a mini snuggle fest but hopefully it helps you have a productive weekend towards your TBR pile or other reading goals you have. :)

    Thanks for participating and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps out with my TBR. I have so many unread books! My goal for this month was 11 books and I only need one more to get that, so hopefully I can finish one today.

      Delete