Wednesday 29 January 2014

Book Review: The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares

15833455

Title: The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants
Author: Ann Brashares
Pages: 304
Format: Paperback
Goodreads Rating: 3.70
My Rating: 7/10

Review

I first read this book when I was about fourteen, and now at twenty two I decided to reread it to see if it stood the test of time. I also wanted to reread the whole series since I found out there was a fifth book which I'd never read.
I'm glad I did because this book was just as good as I remembered. It's a well told story of four girls spending their first summer apart, and each of them dealing with different things. I loved all of the characters just as much as I remembered, and instantly immersed myself in their stories.
This is such a light summery read (yet I read it in January huddled under blankets!), and it's got just enough emotional drama to keep it interesting.
I loved the switching of perspectives between the four girls, and the inclusion of the letters they sent to each other.
Basically this isn't the best book I've ever read, or even the best book I've read this month, but it's a well written, really enjoyable story with great characters, interesting plot and the start of a great series.



No comments:

Post a Comment