Thursday 2 January 2014

Book Review: And Then Things Fall Apart by Arlaina Tibensky


Title: And Then Things Fall Apart
Author: Arlaina Tibensky
Pages: 254
Format: Kindle Ebook
Goodreads Rating: 3.51/5
My Rating: 8/10

Review
I thought that this book was a really good look into a Keek's world as she struggles with a variety of issues. I thought the character was detailed and believable and made a really good narrator.
I really enjoyed the writing style as well, having Keek tell the story through her typewritten journal was really good. I usually prefer books that have a good balance of narrative and dialogue, and yet this book had pretty much no dialogue, and yet I loved it. For this book it worked perfectly to be written in this style, and it added to the depth of the story.
I enjoyed all of the Sylvia Plath references. I haven't read The Bell Jar, though I did read half of it once but then it had to go back to the library, and I haven't gotten around to reading it again. Yet I really enjoyed how The Bell Jar was incorporated, and how Keek felt so much in it could be related to her own life. I suppose this is because I find that books are more than words on pages, and they can seep into your life, and so seeing a character who was so affected by a good book, was a great addition to the story.
Overall this was definitely an enjoyable book, and I'd recommend it to fans to YA, especially those who have an interest in The Bell Jar.


No comments:

Post a Comment