Sunday 22 December 2013

Book Review: Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt


Title: Right of Way
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
Pages: 320
Format: Hardback
Goodreads Rating: 3.56/5
My Rating: 8/10

Synopsis from Goodreads

Here are Peyton and Jace, meeting on vacation. Click! It’s awesome, it’s easy, it’s romantic. This is the real deal.

Unless it isn’t. Because when you’re in love, you don’t just stop calling one day. And you don’t keep secrets. Or lie. And when your life starts falling apart, you’re supposed to have the other person to lean on.

Here are Peyton and Jace again, broken up but thrown together on a road trip. One of them is lying about the destination. One of them is pretending not to be leaving something behind. And neither of them is prepared for what’s coming on the road ahead…

Review

I love road trip books. I've read so many of them and yet I'm still not sick of them. They truly are my favourite kind of book to read, and this one was no exception. 
I loved Two Way Street, and so when I found out the Lauren Barnholdt was releasing a companion novel to it, I got really excited, and my expectations were met.
The characters in this book were fantastic, I loved the switching between the past and present to give us in a sense two stories at once, all coming together to reach one ending.
I enjoyed the pacing of the novel, and was hooked from the start. I've been in a bit of a reading slump recently, but this book has cured me of it. I'm so pleased I read it because it was great.
The only slight downside I would say, is that for me parts of the story seemed just a little hard to believe. I don't want to go into too much detail because that'll involve spoilers. 
Overall I'd say this is an excellent book, and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment