I have a terrible habit recently of starting a book, getting part way through it, and then putting it aside for a long time. This has happened with a lot of books, so I thought I'd write up a list of books that I am part way through and how far through.
Here's the list
- Rose by any other Name by Maureen McCarthy | Page 10
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett | Page 2
- The 39 Steps by John Buchan | Page 123
- The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger | Page 310
- The Adventures of Robin Hood by J. Walker McSpadden | Page 26
- Villette by Charlotte Bronte | Page 8
- Notes from the Underground Fyador Dostoyevsky | Page 30
- Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen | Page 8
- A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemmingway | Page 30
- The Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald Volume 2 by F. Scott Fitzgerald | Page 24
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell | Page 130
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy | Page 366
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday | Page 64
- Lark Rise to Candleford: Two Plays by Keith Dewhurst | Page 66
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen | Page 54
- A Map of the Known World by Lisa Ann Sandell | Page 108
It's not actually until I wrote this list out that I realized quite how many books I'd started and not finished. The weird thing is there are several on here that I'm really enjoying. I'm not sure why I put them down, but I did. It's my goal to get all of these finished by the end of the year. I'm not sure how likely that is, but I'm going to give it a shot.
Do you have any books that you've left part finished? I'd like to know, so leave a comment or a link to your own back burner list.