Sunday 15 September 2013

Books on my Back Burner

Hi guys.

I have a terrible habit recently of starting a book, getting part way through it, and then putting it aside for a long time. This has happened with a lot of books, so I thought I'd write up a list of books that I am part way through and how far through.

Here's the list


  1. Rose by any other Name by Maureen McCarthy   | Page 10
  2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett  | Page 2
  3. The 39 Steps by John Buchan  | Page 123
  4. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger  | Page 310
  5. The Adventures of Robin Hood by J. Walker McSpadden  | Page 26
  6. Villette by Charlotte Bronte  | Page 8
  7. Notes from the Underground Fyador Dostoyevsky  |  Page 30
  8. Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen  | Page 8
  9. A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemmingway  | Page 30
  10. The Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald Volume 2 by F. Scott Fitzgerald  | Page 24
  11. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell  | Page 130
  12. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy  | Page 366
  13. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday  | Page 64
  14. Lark Rise to Candleford: Two Plays by Keith Dewhurst  | Page 66
  15. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen  |  Page 54
  16. A Map of the Known World by Lisa Ann Sandell  |  Page 108
It's not actually until I wrote this list out that I realized quite how many books I'd started and not finished. The weird thing is there are several on here that I'm really enjoying. I'm not sure why I put them down,  but I did. It's my goal to get all of these finished by the end of the year. I'm not sure how likely that is, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Do you have any books that you've left part finished? I'd like to know, so leave a comment or a link to your own back burner list.

No comments:

Post a Comment