Thursday 26 September 2013

Book Review: The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler

Fall into Reading Read-a-Thon
Review #5


Title: The Future of Us
Author: Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
Pages: 356
Format: Paperback
Published: 2012
Goodreads Rating: 3.56/5
My Rating: 9/10

Synopsis from Goodreads

It's 1996 and very few high school students have ever used the internet. Facebook will not be invented until several years in the future. Emma just got a computer and an America Online CD. She and her best friend Josh power it up and log on - and discover themselves on Facebook in 2011. Everybody wonders what they'll be like fifteen years in the future. Josh and Emma are about to find out.

Review

I've never read anything quite like this before. It was fun and quirky, and just really different. I loved the idea behind this, and I thought that the characters were really well written as well.

The pacing was great and I didn't want to put the book down (in fact I practically didn't put it down), because it was that good. It's the kind of book that just makes me smile.
A nice easy read that was cute and fun, but also had some more tense moments as well. I liked the relationship between the two characters, and felt that the authors worked really well together.
I always worry when two writers write one book that it won't flow well, but this one worked perfectly.

I thought the characters were interesting and endearing, and I don't just mean the main characters. All of the characters were written really well.

This book pulls you in with the amazing writing style, the fun story line and great characters. It's definitely one I would recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment