Wednesday 10 January 2018

147 Things by Jim Chapman | Book Review

Title: 147 Things
Author: Jim Chapman
Format: Digital (Provided by Netgalley)
Pages: 288

Review

This book was a bit hit and miss for me. On the whole, I liked it, but there were also a lot of parts which I found dull to read. Which, I suppose it only to be expected when it's a collection of random facts, some will inevitably be more interesting than others.
The parts I found most enjoyable were the stories which related directly to his life. The stories about sleep-talking and how he met his wife, were to me at least, way more interesting than the random stories thrown into the mix.
I found myself wishing, on more than one occasion, that this was more of a memoir than the book that it was.
Having said all this, however, there were enough enjoyable stories contained in this book, to make it an interesting read and if you love random facts and weird observations, then this will definitely appeal to you.

Rating

🕮🕮🕮

No comments:

Post a Comment