Saturday 8 October 2016

Book Review | Nerve by Jeanne Ryan


25431123This book really didn't appeal to me. What I was expecting was a fast paced thrilled that kept me flipping the pages. I didn't get that at all. For a book about a game of increasingly difficult dares, there weren't that many dares and I actually found myself bored a lot of the time.
The characters weren't really developed that well, so it was hard to get invested in any of it. There was this whole quick relationship thing, which didn't work for me at all, in large part because we never got to know all that much about Ian, so having Vee form this quick connection to him felt weird, because she didn't know anything about him. It didn't work for me.
The ending felt really rushed to me. The final chapter tried to tie off a few things, but mostly just skimmed over them. The chapters previous to that, the climax of the novel, felt a little underwhelming for a book marketed as an intense story.
The final ending, made me instantly check if there was a sequel coming, and when I found there are no plans for one, it made me knock another star off. 
Overall, this book just wasn't for me.

Rating
3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment