Tuesday 9 December 2014

Book Review: Infinite Sky by C.J Flood

Iris Dancy’s free-spirited mum has left for Tunisia, her dad’s rarely sober and her brother’s determined to fight anyone with a pair of fists. 

When a family of travellers move into the overgrown paddock overnight, her dad looks set to finally lose it. Gypsies are parasites he says, but Iris is intrigued. As her dad plans to evict the travelling family, Iris makes friends with their teenage son. Trick Deran is a bare knuckle boxer who says he’s done with fighting, but is he telling the truth? 

When tools go missing from the shed, the travellers are the first suspects. Iris’s brother, Sam, warns her to stay away from Trick; he’s dangerous, but Iris can no longer blindly follow her brother’s advice. He’s got secrets of his own, and she’s not sure he can be trusted himself. 

Infinite Sky is a family story about betrayal and loyalty, and love.

Review
Wow. Seriously, wow. I'll be honest, when I went into this book I didn't really know all that much about it. I didn't have huge expectations, and I thought that mostly it would just be a quick read to help me boost my reading challenge numbers for the year. 
I could not have been more wrong.
It was a quick read, but that wasn't due to the less than three hundred pages, it was because I didn't want to put the book down. I loved it.
The thing I loved about it most, was the innocence of Iris and how she saw things. She was so much more accepting of people, and it was really interesting to see her tolerance, even in the face of constant intolerance from both her brother and father, as well as people in the local community.
One of the other things that made this book so interesting, was Trick's character. I loved the way he reacted to situations.
This is definitely an  edge of your seat book. I kept flipping pages and it definitely tugged at my heart. I was wiping away tears at one point.
The emotions in this book are raw and you can't help but feel attached to the characters, and hooked to theur story.
This is such an incredible book. I am so pleased I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment