Thursday 12 June 2014

Book Review | Jessie Hearts NYC by Keris Stainton

10358724

Jessie's just arrived in New York, hoping to forget about her awful ex. 

New Yorker Finn is in love with his best friend's girlfriend. 

They might be perfect together, but in a city of eight million people, will they ever find each other?


Pages: 255 | Format: Paperback | Goodreads | Amazon

Review
7/10
If you're looking for a really easy to read, cute, summery book. This hits all the targets. This book will definitely appeal to people who love romantic comedies, and I love romantic comedies.
One of the things that I enjoyed the most about this book, was that there were all the mentions of different New York locations of different films and shows. I liked that Jessie and Emma were really interested in that stuff, and that it was brought out in the story.
The romance in this is so cute, and I think just on the line of being overly cheesy, but managing to not cross the line, so it ends up being a fun enjoyable read.
It was a really quick book for me to get through and I really did enjoy it from start to finish. It's not a blow you out of the water fantastic book, but it is really good.
The one negative I have, is that I would have liked to of seen maybe a little more of Finn and Jessie together, because as it stood, there really wasn't a lot of time spent with the two of them together, and I feel like it would have been better if we'd had just a few more scenes with them both in it.
Other than that, Jessie Hearts NYC is a really great read. It's fun and cute and I'm really pleased that I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment