Friday 16 May 2014

Book Review | The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston

13018503

She’s been six different people in six different places: Madeline in Ohio, Isabelle in Missouri, Olivia in Kentucky . . . But now that she’s been transplanted to rural Louisiana, she has decided that this fake identity will be her last.

Witness Protection has taken nearly everything from her. But for now, they’ve given her a new name, Megan Rose Jones, and a horrible hair color. For the past eight months, Meg has begged her father to answer one question: What on earth did he do – or see – that landed them in this god-awful mess? Meg has just about had it with all the Suits’ rules — and her dad’s silence. If he won’t help, it’s time she got some answers for herself.

But Meg isn’t counting on Ethan Landry, an adorable Louisiana farm boy who’s too smart for his own good. He knows Meg is hiding something big. And it just might get both of them killed. As they embark on a perilous journey to free her family once and for all, Meg discovers that there’s only one rule that really matters — survival.

Pages: 320 | Format: Paperback | Rating: 10/10 | Goodreads | Amazon

Review
I have nothing but good things to say about this book. The story line hooked me before I even owned the book, ever since I watched a kids show on CBBC when I was young called 'See How They Run' I've really been interested in the witness protection program, and anything to do with it, but I've never really found any other show, movie or book (besides a really cheesy Mary-Kate and Ashley movie) about it. Though I'm sure there are many and I just haven't heard of them.
Still, when I read the synopsis of this, I really wanted to read it. So once I got myself a copy, I dived right in and I was not disappointed.
Meg makes a fantastic main character. Just the right amount of anger, worry, bitterness, and vulnerability to make her a believable character. I really felt for her as she was going through everything in this book.
I liked the push and pull she was having with herself. Telling herself one thing, while actually doing another because she couldn't keep herself away from Ethan.
Which brings me to Ethan. He may possibly be the sweetest male lead I've read in a long time. I liked how he wasn't passive. He knew something was up with her, and he wasn't going to let her hide away. He wanted to know her, all of her and the real her, and more than that, he was willing to help her. He wanted to protect her. He was simply a wonderfully written character.
The story itself was fantastic, it kept me on the edge of my seat and constantly flipping pages, because although I had suspicions on how things would pan out, there were still plenty of surprised along the way, and seeing how it all unfolded was fantastic.
I'm really excited for the next book in the series, because I have a feeling it's going to be amazing.
This for me is a must read. I highly recommend you pick up a copy if you haven't already, because it's fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment