Thursday 21 November 2013

NaNoWriMo: A Long Overdue Update

Hi guys,

I meant to write an update long before now, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Sorry.

I am now here with an update though, so how is NaNo going for me? The answer...not well.

Let me be clear, it's not going horribly or anything. I have a firm idea of what I'm writing (though a title still hasn't popped into my head). I like what I'm writing and I have a tonne of ideas of what's to come.
The problem is that I'm behind on my word count. I couldn't write for the first couple days of NaNo, and so I fell behind, but I did manage to catch up by around day four. Then I fell behind again, and so now I'm fighting to catch up.

I currently have 31,823 after a long writing session last night to try and catch up, however I should be at 35,000 by the end of today, so I'm going to have to write like crazy to reach that.

I'm really hoping that by the end of the week I'll have caught up, but how things are going I can't see me finishing this novel on time. I can just hope that I'll make to to the 50k mark.

How's your NaNo going? On par? Ahead? Or behind like me? Let me know in the comments, and please don't forget to subscribe to my site if you like it.

Now...back to writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment