Sunday 22 September 2013

Book Review: We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

Fall into Reading Read-a-Thon
Book Review #1


Title: We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3)
Author: Jenny Han
Pages: 291
Format: Paperback
Published: 2012
Goodreads Rating: 4.27/5
My Rating: 8/10

Synopsis from Goodreads

One girl.

Two brothers.

The biggest decision of her life . . .


Just when she thought she had all the answers . . .

Isabel has only ever loved two boys, Conrad and Jeremiah Fisher.

One broke her heart; the other made her happier than she ever thought she'd be. But each brother is keeping a secret, and this summer Isabel must choose between the Fisher boys, once and for all. Which brother will it be?


Review

*This review will most likely contain spoilers for the first two books in the series*

From the beginning of this book I knew I was going to like it. There was again a shifting in the relationships, and I really enjoyed that.
We got to see Belly at college and I really enjoyed that too.
There was also the same dual narration as the second book, only this time we got a few chapters from Conrad's view point. I would have, again, liked to of seen more from his view point, just like I wanted to see more from Jeremiah's in the second book.

I have to admit that I was fully team Jeremiah for the first two books, but in this one I found myself quickly switching over to team Conrad. I just felt like we got to know Conrad a lot better in this book, and it would have been nice to have seen this side to him before now.

Overall this was a good book, and a great ending to the series. I enjoyed it a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment